Search This Blog

Novelette - Trouble from another state

I changed my sleeping position for the tenth time. I wanted to sleep, but felt more alert than anytime in office. Forget it he only wants to provke you, I said to myself again. Go to sleep now! - I scolded myself.
The funny thing about sleep is you can't instruct it to happen. Your mind knows the facts and repeats them to you - it is late, only five hours when you have to wake yo again, you need the rest. your mind also has a million options on what it can think about; the stars in the clear moonless sky, the beautiful flowers at Nungambakkam flower shop, the smell of incense on Ananya's house, your best birthday party. There are positive thoughts somewhere in people's head all the time. But somehow, even one negative thought will crowd then out. Maybe its an evolutionary mechanism so we can focus on the problem at hand rather than rejoice in all things wonderful. But it makes life a bitch, as good as memories have to make space for the next pain in the neck item. And what does one gain by loosing sleep? I hope our genes mutate ASAP so we can evolve out of this.



-Act3 : Chennai (P:157)
- 2 States
- Chetan Bhagat


just wanted to point out why human only give so importance to sad parts and tragedies :P

No comments:

Post a Comment