Search This Blog

after thought : Bus stop and the Stranger


Hour 4 : 3:00am



Nervous or scared it was hard to categories those feeling. I however as such don’t believe in ghost, but damn she wasn’t moving a bit, how can a person appear suddenly and not move at all? This was the main question right now. However when I reached for my pocket for smoke I sensed she moved, yes she moved, I could bet on it now, she’s human perhaps. So need of paying attention to her. From my past experience I have experienced that girls wanted attention, and once you give them that, it acts like drugs, they crave for more and more form you. Here out on road, I didn’t want to be seller of drugs. So walked a few paces ahead to light my cigarette. Suddenly I heard a very soft voice, almost a whisper, “Don’t go far, please” I wanted to say “what’s your problem” instead I simply replied “Why? Anything bothering you?” thought this was the perfect start for conversation, but she didn’t reply. She again immersed herself in eternal search of something at her feet. Now thinking of that situation I think I should have asked her about what was she exactly doing looking down so hard.

But I was filled with hate and arrogance; I still don’t know why I hated her and what for? For being company in that lonely night or for spooking me. Not knowing the answer I stood there lighting my 3rd cigarette, it felt awesome. If you ask a smoker when id the best time to smoke, he will say, after you tummy if full and you have to do nothing. Same condition was mine, my tummy was full of ladoo’s plus I had to do nothing except stand there. After taking two long drags I again watched from corner of my eye, waiting her to say something. I was good at starting conversation with girls in college, what’s with her? After putting my cigarette out I realized it’s growing colder. The second most tiresome job I feel in the world is getting something out of your bag, especially when the bag is packed by your mom, and first is getting up in winter morning. I totally hate it. It took me full 2 mins and meeting with the box, pants, 3/4ths and finally jacket. As I was straightening myself I noticed that she was already looking down after adjusting her shawl. I wondered if I was still dreaming.

I wanted to start converstation with her, so said, "Today is unusually cold na?" all i could get out her was a little 'hmm' I continued my effort "So where are heading to?" not moving her gaze sh said "I dont know"

At that moment I thought not again some philosophical babe out here, and asked her what did that mean. and the answer was given to me full faced with those narrow black eyes. "I dont know" This was the first time in history I had seen her face. This was truly a historic moment for me as I was expecting that I wont get to see her face at all.


Previous

Next

No comments:

Post a Comment