Search This Blog

after thought - Bus stop and the Stranger


Hour 1 : 11:30pm


man, this bag is really heavy, i said to myself. i was traveling from Delhi to Kanpur for the first time, via bus. Which I always wanted to avoid. I have been bad experience with these bus, bus drivers, bus conductors and there passengers. But anyway, no i had no choice. And why the hell mom had to give me those extra ghee
ladoo's which were now extra weight on me, damn!
As usual i had reached late on bus stop, and was finally guessing after looking the 5th time that i was late. However it was just 5 mins hardly i arrived. Its very surprising that when you are alone and stranded in place like this. This thought attracted me to look around me, I only first concentrated on the darkness first. Now after paying a little attention I found that this place had a weird setting, firstly there was no roof, I wondered where might people go when it might rain, another me answered back, "arre, don't worry bout them, they will have there umbrella's na."
I also had this strange another
me in me, which was like encyclopedia, and had answers to every question of mine.
ignoring him, i went ahead to look carefully at the stop. There was a very rusty sign board on which was written "Bu.. S.o." looked like some name in Chinese dish. A little down was a seat, or remains of the seat, only the metal frame was the remains, on which only kids could sit. Beside the fact that I was tired standing I knew the limitation of that bench as well, So i didn't try to disturb its balance.
Moving further I found for what I was searching, the Route Table. The table which would tell my fortune that when will my torture end.
But fate was against me today, First my car broke down half way the bus stop, second why did the other car had to speed and splash mud and cow dung on me, the, why the hell its so dark, couldn't they put a night lamp up here?
Now it was becoming even harder to pass time. So since no was nearby, I could bring out my hidden talent, of singing. I knew, very clearly that I was worst singer, but whose listening anyway. The intro was soft, slowly picking up to the mid portion of song, volume grew higher with pitch. I was now so enjoying myself that I even tried to bring those musical instruments out me. I tried to get the best out of me. Finally the song ended. And the environment again went dead. After a long time I felt the chill of being alone in this place. That was the first time i every thought, that i was the lone person standing here, in eternal wait of the bus which might come or might not. It was also the first time I hoped that I had some company.


to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment