Search This Blog

after thought - Bus stop and the Stranger


Hour 3 : 2:00


The memories of college and the days spent there was like fresh air to my mind. I liked remembering the days in college when we had nothing to worry about and no one to boss around. But then college was over and I don’t know how but everything pointed to only one thing that my vacations are over, soon I would have to join my office. The same office which brought nightmares to me. I had a boss who knew nothing of the company, I had the marketing head who knew only about types of pens and there uses, one of which was drawing mustaches and beard on newspaper. But there were a few good things as well, like being out with friends and say that you are working to your mom, who is waiting because some uncle and aunties have arrived with there respective daughters. Sometimes I think, don’t these guys have any work or what. Once such day uncle and auntie caught me at home. I just had woken up as earlier night I had night shift, fortunately I came brushed my teeth had a bath then slept, so only my hair was ruffled, my brother said I was looking like Einstein minus mustache at that very moment. And later I fond out the truth behind there visit, they came to “see” me.

Suddenly I heard a grumbling sound, seemed far, but shook me. I took another such sound effect to realize that I was feeling hungry. I looked at my watch, it said 1:30. Gosh! I had dinner at 8, just to be sure that I reach in time, and now am stranded fucking here. I tried to forget it, and started kicking bag, in return bag kicked me. And the age old saying about me came true that my brain was in toes, how the hell could I have forgotten about the laddoo’s. I was more than happy, immediately pulled out the packet, which gave me another packet, I pulled it out again, it gave me some newspaper, ripping it off I found a steel circular box. And after much struggling finally I got it open. The smell was enough to increase my hunger two fold, quickly grabbing one, I stuffed in my mouth, and already had the other ready to load.

After eating 5 laddoo’s I was content (Who said human beings cannot be content?). Took my water bottle, looking towards the opposite side of road started to gulp it. While my mechanism was getting refueled I continued to watch those beautiful stars. The thought again came to me that I was alone. Keeping bottle stuck to my mouth I turned to other side of road, looking for any signs of bus to arrive, however it was too early. By the time my thirst was over, the bottle was half empty as well. Disappointingly I cap my bottle down and turn only to get the biggest shock that night, and which made me to loose whatever water I was left with.

A lady was standing in saree was standing near the route table bowing her head low, as if trying to search something in that loose soil. She wore cream or maybe white it was with some dark border on it. She was not moving, I tried to look at her and figure out if she was real and alive. I can still bet that I couldn’t see her breathing. Maybe I was dreaming or the extra ghee in laddoo’s were working quickly.

Whatever it was I became a little nervous for it.


-Previous
Next>

No comments:

Post a Comment