Search This Blog

after thought - Bus stop and the Stranger


Hour 2 : 12:45


I managed to pass my first one hour of life on bus stand alone. Now there was another hour to kill. So i decided to kill time by killing my eyes by looking at the route table or so called time table of bus. Starting from the top coming to bottom, I kept reading each and every line twice in moonlight, but didn't succeed, finally I took out my gifted lighter. This is always kept hidden from everyone in house. Once if it was discovered then the whole clan would now that I smoked. Thinking of which I pulled from packet as well. My favorite brand, pulling put one and sticking it at corner of my mouth, like any other Bollywood hero would do, lighting it up and taking the longest drag of my day. Wow it felt relaxing. So with the flickering light of flame I tried for the third time to read that time table, first line - not mine, second line -not mine, third line -not mine, fourth line - not mine, by this time I was getting a feeling that Im standing on wrong place at wrong hour, fifth line - there it is, Oh no! no way! this cant be it.
My bus was at 5 in morning and what the fuck was time now, 12:30! This cant be it. What will I do till 5? And i have only 6 smokes left. Damn, puffing out long bellow of smoke I sat on stone nearby. Thinking about what will I do when I will be in Mumbai, when i reach there after 14 days. That I will finally meet my friends and have some fun, go for some tour, somewhere north or south. Which reminded me that I was already on. Which sadly enough reminded me that I was on my own for next 5 hours.
Dissapointed, I stubbed out my smoke finally. I wanted to lie down somewhere, this was the common effect of smoke after I smoked.
Nevertheless I tried to shake off the effect of loneliness of the environment and to think about something good.
Something good, I could think was, last meet with my old pal, before he went to join his job and me to my journey (damn! this why everything come to this journey). Sameer was my friend from college, where we both graduated together. We did everything together, except what other people might think of first. We stared smoking together, studies together, swam together, ragged together, for the first time got drunk together and he cried. We were so infamous that whenever we were spotted together, people knew, either we were going to swimming pool or for smoke.
But he was way better than myself in every field, this didn't mean that i envied him or admired him, we had some mutual understanding. He was good at studies so I was good at computers, he was better at swimming and so I was good at pataoing girls, or flirting in English.
But he had a record of 100% rate in pataoing girls. If ever he did make any contact with any girl, for certain she was going to fall for him genuinely. And he was very determined that it was not his aim actually, whereas me, I too wanted to stay out of this lafda and was not as good as him here too, I am happy for this thing.
After-all life doesn't go as you wanted it to go.



to be continued
previous Next>

No comments:

Post a Comment