Search This Blog

after thought : The bus stop and the Stranger


Hour 6 : 5:00

“Why?”

Again I realized my stupidity “I’m sorry, that’s none of my business.”

This all came as a super shock to me, I wasn’t expecting my companion in this lonely night to be someone this, but slowly everything began to make sense, the sudden appearance, the ever bowed head, the mehndi design on her hand, the extra kohl in her eyes, which she carefully wiped so that it might not spread because of her tears. I was surprised at myself and all the male population out there. What one earth could make a girl in early 20’s with such soft features, to come in this chilly night all alone, risking herself to chill of night and unknown person at this hour. How could she do that, must be something terrible.

“I didn’t want to marry to someone I don’t love.”

This time she had my full attention, “Oh! Your parents were forcing you to marry someone?”

Finally she lifted her head to look into my eyes, “Yes.”

She looked pale, even at this dark hour and in street lamp light I could say she was feeling weak.

“Do you want something to eat? You look tired and weak.”

“No thanks, I’m fine now, thanks for water but, I needed it.”

“Can I ask you something? If you won’t mind? You can just say if you don’t want to answer.”

“Go on, I won’t mind anything today, at least, saw many faces today, real faces.”

“If you didn’t wanted to get married why didn’t you talk your parents out it?”

Again a wave of rage swept in her, “what do you think I’m enjoying this cold weather and I have a habit of leaving home every Saturday?”

Her mention of day made me realize that I was due Monday in office at my table dealing with those files which my senior gave to me. It was actually his work.
I was shocked and with that shock went into my thought of office and files. She brought me back to earth.

“I’m sorry; I’m just a bit ruffled.”

“Huh! Okay, it’s okay; I can understand your position. And I’m asking you such stupid question, of course you might had told them but still they forced you, sort of.”

After finishing my colossal statement I realized that I went over board and now I’m accusing her parents. I don’t know what this might had effect on her, whether she was happy that I’m on her side or whether she was furious on me for accusing people who made her what she was today. Sooner or later I had to take the flake for just now what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment