Search This Blog

after thought : The Bus stop and the Stranger

Hour 8 : 6:00

Finally there was sun. I was happy for two reasons now, one it was morning, and the bus was about to come, second I was finally getting into her head. Don’t know why, but I liked it. When the first rays of sun rose up, first thing what I did was to look at her in sun. If I could really describe her face, it would be one of a cherub, and not just any cherub, the most loved and awed one. The most prized by the gods, but was punished to live between humans as she did something wrong up there. The soft rounds of her cheeks, the narrow eyes. As now her shawl was down on her shoulders, and her hair flowing inside, I could imagine what the guy saw in her. I don’t know what in particular I liked in her, her eyes, her hair, her small trinkets earring. I liked it all. But nevertheless I didn’t want to compliment her at this stage. Most probably she will kill me. But did muster up some courage and said.
“So what are you going to do next?”
“What’s better than to leave?”
Girls you know, they will never answer straight, and anyway it was cruel to expect an answer from her today at-least.
“Ya, I’m sorry about that sick guy, you must be feeling guilty of ever committing to him.”
And her sharp look with stern look, which slightly calmed down immediately “Now you say so, yes.”
Out of blue, an old man appeared, with some canister in hand, I thought finally we got company. To add to my surprise he went behind the bus stop and moved a stall thing. Which later we discovered to be his tea and snack stall. After two minutes we had hot tea available there.
“Would you like some tea, its cold, and besides that you had bad night.” Thinking about the after effect being negative I reliantly added “If you are fine with it.”
I smiled finally. And she did too.

No comments:

Post a Comment